Sunday, November 14, 2010

There Will Come A Day

When I was a child the world was so big. I would spin the globe in my father's study in wonder while the colors of countries ran together in motion, creating a pulsing of blue and deep browns. I knew no matter where the globe would come to rest there would be an adventure to be had. I would think, "One day I'll go there," as my finger found its place on the old sphere. In my mind I had a fedora, just like Indiana Jones, a whip too. I didn't know where Caracas was. I didn't care. It was somewhere else and it was most definitely full of temples to be explored.
I will get there.
Maybe not Caracas, but I have begun and I will continue to explore. There will come a day.

2 comments:

  1. somewhere on that globe is a far away little place called germany. it is full of adventures i can assure you. come over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there just when it seems like it can't get any worse. I'll swoop in on a big giant steel bird to whisk you away. Just when you think it can't get any worse... love comes.

    ReplyDelete