Saturday, November 13, 2010

If I create...

There are times when I am eating alone that I am amused by the very idea of what I'm doing. Of course I understand the need for nourishment, but when you really think about what is happening it's kind of humorous. It is almost synonymous... no, metaphorical for why I, we, anyone creates anything.
The guy at the pizza place puts dough, cheese and tomato sauce together to create a pizza. Why?
So I can tear it apart. He takes time to make something so I can literally chew it into pieces. What does he get out of it? Some paper with green pictures on it which he will give to someone else so he can have something to tear apart.
I sew a shirt.
I write a song.
I paint a picture.
I bake a cake.
Why?
So we can be used. And we will be... but we'll enjoy it. We make careers out of it.
And it's okay because I'll chew your creation if you chew mine. I'll trade my conception for yours.

3 comments:

  1. So, I just stumbled upon your blog from Dave's blogarooney.
    And this pleases me immensely. I have always enjoyed your words & look forward to reading more!
    I am a fan.
    Of you. And your blog.

    Cherylyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty sure i'm the biggest fan of all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda! Yes! you win in the fan department, obviously!
    but i am indeed a fan of Austin + blogging again! yay! :]

    ReplyDelete